Call from Laurie, Dr. Boyd's nurse.
March 1st....takes about 1 1/2 hours to 2 hrs. unless more testing is needed.
Pre op consists of blood cross match incase I need more blood during operation.
Possible blowing into something to see about my breathing.
Anesthesiologist will talk to me , depending what he things, he might require a few more tests before I go under which he will send me that day to do.
March 3rd
No food no drinks after midnight
March 4th
6:00 am go to admitting desk,
Operation at 7:30 am.. Will be done by 11:30 am.
I will be in for a couple of hours for recovery. I will be in intensive care for the first day where only family can be. Usually, they will put in dissolving stictches but if she feels that she may put in staples.
Swelling, leakage, and brusing are normal but if leakage is yellow or green or smelly that is not good. I will have to do as much walking that I can handle and rest with my feet up to prevent swelling. Sponge baths only and no driving for 6 weeks after operation till they see me.
Joan you are going to be there on this date right. THANK YOU for being there for Jill, we love you for this. By Irma
ReplyDeleteIf you want to leave a comment use anonymous than type like me from Irma I am not ashamed>
Hey Jill,
ReplyDeleteHappy to hear everything went so good at your surgery. Praying for a quick recovery...
Love Dave and Ivy