I had a wonderful stay with my sister Irma & Allen. I arrived back home on the 16th of April six pounds heavier! And to a nicely decorated home compliments of cousins Joan and Joyce and some special surprises from my son and daughter!
I stayed with my cousin Joan until my six week appointment on the 18th. I had faxed my doctor with concerns that I have been having since my operation. At the time of the appointment we basically went over them.
I stayed with my cousin Joan until my six week appointment on the 18th. I had faxed my doctor with concerns that I have been having since my operation. At the time of the appointment we basically went over them.
My Dr. did a sound test to see if my bypass was opened and it was but she did not like the sound of it. While I was in the office my left foot turned beet red (rubor) almost and she said that "was serious"! She figured my body did not take the ballooning from the first operation. She said she would set up an angiogram appointment. At that time they would perform the angioplasty procedure.
The following info is from the American Heart Association.

What is a stent and how is one used?
A stent is a wire metal mesh tube used to prop open an artery during angioplasty. The stent is collapsed to a small diameter and put over a balloon catheter. It's then moved into the area of the blockage. When the balloon is inflated, the stent expands, locks in place and forms a scaffold. This holds the artery open. The stent stays in the artery permanently, holds it open, improves blood flow to the heart muscle and relieves symptoms (usually chest pain). Within a few weeks of the time the stent was placed, the inside lining of the artery (the endothelium) grows over the metal surface of the stent.
Only a day after my appointment I got the call and Liza told me that Lori would call with details. My appointment date is on April 28th. That is only a week away! I am to be at the Health Science Centre at 9 am and the procedure will take place at 11 am.
On Thursday I got a call from Nurse Lori. She told me that what is going to happen is this:
They are going to cut into my left groin and send a balloon through my bypass and also send another where the doctor first did it on the left side. If need be they will end up putting in a stent. This should clear up my problems on both legs.
This procedure will take an hour but I need to lay flat on my back for 4 hours. Yikes not sure how I am going to do that! Better be a soft bed or they will have to tie me down! lol Right now I can't sleep on my back for more than hour if that. No overnight stay at the hospital as she figures I will be ready to go at around 5-6 pm.
The only concerns they have over this is I have to make sure my groin doesn't swell up. Swelling means internal bleeding. Guess no dancing for a while. So hoping this will all work and I be back on my feet soon!!!!
Thanks for all your love, prayers and support!
No comments:
Post a Comment